The Bank will NEVER contact you by phone, e-mail or website to request your social security number, account number, passwords or PINs. However, if you call us, we may ask for information to confirm your identity. We encourage you to take steps to protect your confidential information as well, such as:
- Protect Your Personal Information: Never disclose your account information, password, social security number or other financial data by phone or email unless you initiated the dialogue and know the organization you are dealing with. Store personal information in a safe place at home and at work. Create complex passwords that identity thieves cannot guess easily.
- Monitor your accounts: Use online and mobile banking to keep an eye on your transactions. Review bank statements and credit card statements monthly for accuracy, and once a year review a copy of your credit report. Notify the bank immediately if there is any fraudulent activity.
- Report Lost/Stolen Cards: If you lose your bank or credit cards, immediately notify the bank, the credit card companies, the credit bureau and the police, if appropriate.
- Secure your internet connection. When shopping and banking online, make sure you do so from a secure password protected Wi-Fi network. Make sure that the web address begins with https://. Also, check to see if a tiny locked padlock symbol appears on the page. This means the website is secure. Never access online or mobile banking from a public Wi-Fi network.
- Proper Disposal: Shred financial statements, old bank cards, receipts, all documents containing your personal information, etc. before discarding.
Please Contact Us
if you notice suspicious account activity or experience customer information security-related events.