Salem Co-operative Bank
The Mortgage Processor identifies and orders documentation required to process mortgage loans. Tracks and ensure receipt of required documents. Must keep current with regulatory and compliance guidelines. Pre-underwrites to submit loans for approval.
- Perform a variety of processing duties:
- Setting up new loan files.
- Prepare loan disclosures within three business days of the application, when needed.
- Review title, appraisal and verification of employment.
- Prepare pre-approval and submit for approval.
- Submit loans to underwriting and recommend actions on loans not meeting standards.
- Collect prior to closing conditions.
- Submit files to Private Mortgage Insurance for approval, if necessary.
- Submit files to be sold on secondary market.
- Assist loan customers on the phone and in person with processing questions.
- Keep up to date with any new compliance regulations.
- Review and comply with the Bank’s Employee Information and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of mortgage industry, products, and lending practices.
- Understand Regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency required, including MicroSoft Office suite skills
- Associates Degree or High School diploma; and
- Three to five years of processing experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
If interested in applying for this position, please send resume to Donna Elotmani @ firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls.